So you want to be a big shot, stay cool and win that freeze-out tournament. You have an inkling that poker is something you were born to do, but where you live no one you know knows the rules, there is no casino in over one hundred miles and you’d feel intimidated anyway. So the option is to find the best online poker sites you can and get cashing in your hard earned chips.
When looking for online poker sites you have to find the ones that are right for you. Here’s a few tips when looking for a site:
– Find one that has a free trial. Most online poker sites offer free play money modes to get used to the game before they take your money from you.
– Stay away from the sites that offer you so much more than just poker. For example many sites offer odds bingo games and paintball (not the actual gaming of paint). Go for the poker sites that offer a wide array of card games.
– Get yourself to a listing site that lists not only the best online poker sites, but also the poker sites that offer the games you want to play. The listings site is a helpful tool because it points you to the sites that are offering the games you want to play.
– Stay away from the sites that offer too much. The way to spot the sites that are over offering is to find the ones that offer at least a few different types of poker. For example for Texas Hold’em there are plenty of sites offering seven card stud. Texas Hold’em has a number of different styles to pick from if you want to variations on the game.
– Get to know your fellow poker players on the web. Most people on the Internet are familiar with poker, so if a bunch of friends are chatting away in a poker room you can follow their reactions as opposed to sitting at home and watching people in your underwear. In addition you can’t be sure if they are only playing with their friends or are preparing for a card game at home.
Online poker has been around since the late 1990’s, so it is reel-to-reel, table-to-table, no-limit and pot-limit friendly. The game is growing, however, and worldwide appeal is growing with each passing year. In the U.S.A the biggest rags to poker sites come from New York and Las Vegas. These two cities have astute knowledge of the Casino business and in many cases they are the providers of most of the legal poker rooms. Texas Hold’em has become increasingly popular in recent years and many sites from Atlantic City and Monte Carlo are feeling the pinch.
You can also find a variety of games online, including some styles of poker that you may be unfamiliar with. Games available include Seven Card Stud, Omaha, Omaha Hi-Lo, Five Card Stud and Five Card Draw. Texas Hold’em and Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo are games that many people know but are not familiar with. They are not the types of games that make you think “this sure is going to be tight tonight”. Most of these games are soft and can be played a variety of ways.
The next thing to check into is the fees. Many of these poker rooms have “zero” fee tournaments and some even have “free” tournaments and special promotions. The games are soft, but not as soft as they have Texas Hold’em and Seven Card Stud as competition goes up against them. It’s important to know about the goss before playing a tournament. Sometimes the community pool fills up before the owner when he knows he can’t lose his bet, not at the beginning of the night but closer to or during the game. The same is true of fees. Video poker is almost always the free thing to try. It is not the most exciting thing to try, but it is an enjoyable game and one that most people enjoy. There are not many other alternatives for gambling like this in casinos so if you feel like a Spinning on a Cash Cow then these video games might be for you.
Gambling can be exciting and sometimes nerve-wrecking. Everyone is susceptible to going on tilt. You want to keep an cool head and be able to think clearly. If you are angry for example, you may make stupid bets or play in a irrational manner and your account will beitors may be notified. If you are unable to stop the thinking then consider seeking professional help. If you are able to control your emotions then you may want to go back to the casino a different person with a more controlled attitude.
The Blackjack tables are filled with people who are clearly on tilt. Ask people who are losing to talk to them and if possible get them to talk to you about why they are losing.